Wednesday 16 December 2009

En las piedras

So i arrived in Bariloche some 10 days ago, since then i´ve spent some time in remote areas of the mountains, diving from rocks into glaciar rivers, rafting, climbing, and a whole lot more. There is too much to do here, the options are just endless. 10 or more asados later i´ve met some really cool people, reunited with cousins and family members i haven´t seen or spoken to in over 10 years, and of course reminded myslef how beautiful this place is.

When i lived in England things were okay because i have some good friends there -always keeps the spirit up- but seeing this place again makes me never want to leave. I decided i´m gonna use my ability to speak English to my advantage and study tourism, become a tourist guide and eventually a mountain guide.

Living a simple life here ,for me at least, would be far better than anything i could achieve in England, simply because i love the place so much and i have so many different places to go in my free time. Trying to sort out the tourism course which starts in April, once this is done i might hitch south to Ushuaia in February or March and get to know the southern part of the country. I´m finally learning to drive here too which is a lot cheaper than the 900GBP you have to pay in England. I should be visiting England in the summer, so that´s June or July, just for a few weeks but will be good to see everyone again!

Santiago.

No comments: