Friday 22 January 2010

The last week has been one of very good weather, finally after too many false starts, it looks like summer is here, with temperatures reaching the high twenties and the occasional thirty. Winds are very calm too which makes it just that little bit warmer. I have been showing a couple of friends - well actually one of them is my dads friend - the local area. I don't have my car for another month yet so just been going to a few local mountains, Campanario, Tronador, Catedral, these are easily reached by bus. Will be going to El Bolson tomorrow and hopefully doing a touch of white water rafting in Rio Azul...which is the best river i've ever seen...just amazing. I'll see if i can take some photos to show what i'm talking about.

All the people that are staying here will be going their separate ways on Wednesday so then i will be able to hitch down to El Bolson again and do the mountain refuge trail, i have been looking into buying a bivuoac bag so i can camp out in the wild and not have to pay to stay in the refuge or worry about setting up or carrying a tent. I will have to travel the lighest i've ever done for this one because i will be taking all my equipment up and down the mountains...which is tiring enough on a light day-pack.

Anyway i just wanted to write a little update, I'll come back with photos from tomorrow and an update on what I'll be doing next week.

Santiago.

No comments: