Wednesday 28 July 2010

Early mornings, long days and sleepless nights.

July has almost flown by this year but things are looking fairly well here in England. I have been in between jobs but finally found a well paid, stable, open ended job. I'm working at a small local butcher's in Hawkenbury, and although my plan in life isn't to cut pig's heads off, i am now acumulating some decent coins which will hopefully be put to very good use. I should be driving in a couple of months and shortly after that take my first trip out of town since i got back in May. I'd like to take a drive to the alps or southern france and spend some time on the hills, just chilling, you know how it is. I should be getting another guitar very soon so hopefully i'll learn a few songs by then too.

My brother is starting sixth form in september and has made the very wise choice of taking photography as one of his subjects. My parents stretched out and got a D5000, a mental DSLR, i've been taking a few photos with it and although i am extremely happy with them, i'm saving them for my website i'm working on which will be out in the next few months. This should feature all my videography and photography as well as this blog. It will be a portfolio type website with professional standard content regularly updated. It's really nice being back in England and getting these plans on the go after much thinking over the last few months. That's all for now, i shall finish this glass of scotch and leave you all with some Pink Floyd lyrics.

Santiago.


Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

No comments: