Monday 27 February 2012

Half marathon 2012

A veery long day at work today after yesterday's run; a thirteen point one mile run through the beautiful Kentish hills. The weather was once again spectacular and the atmosphere was just perfect. I wanted to beat last year's 1 hour 58 minutes, which going by my training runs it would be hard work, you could say I was under pressure with what seemed a hard to achieve goal. The gun went off at 10am and leaving the ones I knew behind I ran ahead and aimed to stay at around the 1:50 marker and seeing for how long I could keep this up. As it turned out I found it easy to get hyped and push myself to what I think was fairly close to my limit. I tried to keep at the back of my mind to constantly keep running at a pace slightly quicker than what I was used to. It was hard work and it took me further into my motivation and mental strength than anything ever before, and soon enough it was apparent that I had pushed myself more than last time, paranoid that I wasn't going to beat last year's time I actually crossed the line at 1 hour 47 minutes, which as you can imagine I was completely happy and over the moon about. It gave me hope that I can push myself to new physical limits and achieve really great things through determination and mental strength to keep going, for the first time I really found it possible to really push myself, and it felt good!

So that was my second half marathon and no doubt I will be doing it next year. I have an idea to keep up my running and therefore be at an even better standard of fitness for next time.

That's all for now. I am hopefully going to north Wales sometime soon, as soon as I get a little problem with my car fixed to be exact, so I'm really excited about that one!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments: