Thursday 26 December 2013

The Spartan Run? Well, it was bloody hard.

With a slight delay, I can now report back on how I found the 'Spartan Run' in November.

It was hard. It was freezing cold. It was raining, a lot. No one told you how far along you were so there was no sense of proximity to the finish, only sketchy rumours from fellow speculative Spartans. By the end I could barely run anymore, totally exhausted, knackered. I don't think I've ever been so worn out before. It was awesome...and would I do it again? Yes, anytime! It was an incredible and somewhat unexpected challenge as Tough Muddder was so easy in comparison.

Tomorrow morning I'm on the road to North Wales with Sam again, should be good to catch up as he's been in South Sudan since I last saw him in April. A couple of other chaps are coming along too including Roy who I ran Tough Mudder and Spartan with, so it should be a good day. The weather is forecast to be absolutely awful so a navigational challenge lies ahead, and we're very much looking forward to it.

The plan is to do the Pyg track, to Snowdon summit and back. We were hoping for something more challenging but there is serious wind and rain to take into account so it may end up challenging enough!

Traviajero.com is back!

On a completely different note, you may remember that a few years ago the blog was under traviajero.com. I since lost the domain due to my failure to renew it. The bastards who subsequently bought it made some sort of random travel site out of it, which obviously didn't do very well because I've just spotted the domain up for grabs again, and I'm pleased to say I've got it back!

Traviajero is a mixture of the word traveller and the spanish word with the same meaning, viajero. I thought of this before my big trip in 2009 and although it was more fitting back then, I am going to revert back to this domain as it reflects my passion for travel, be it a day-trip to Snowdon or 8 months in the Americas, I will always be up for an adventure.

No comments: