Thursday 2 January 2014

Beats' USA Bike Ride

"I’ll stick out my thumb and I'll trudge down the highway
Someday someone must be going my way home
Till then I’ll make my bed from a disused car

With a mattress of leaves and a blanket of stars
And I’ll stitch the words into my heart with a needle and thread 

Don’t you cry for the lost

Smile for the living
Get what you need and give what you’re given
You know life’s for the living so live it
Or you’re better off dead"

It's particularly those last two lines that strike me from this song, it reminds me just how important it is to do the things you love, no matter how dangerous, difficult, or out of the ordinary they might be. Because if you're not living life to its full potential, then you are wasting your time on this beautiful earth. 

Come May this year a friend of mine, Rob Beattie, will be cycling the length of North America on his own, in just 10 weeks. He is funding the trip by himself and raising money for Cancer Research - which is obviously one of the best causes out there. He has never done anything like this before and I'd like to take this opportunity to say; I admire what you're doing, I am extremely jealous, and I hope it goes well and you have the time of your life - I know you will! 


If you don't have the money right now then simply share the link to Rob's website, if you do, then donate at least a couple of pounds of an amazing cause, but most of all, remember to live your life how you want to live it and be happy!


Donate here.


Follow Rob on his journey here.

No comments: