Friday 1 January 2010

If you want it, come and get it, for crying out loud.

It’s 2010 and countless amounts of people like to call the beginning of the year a time for change, a time to put aside bad things and concentrate on positive thoughts, improve oneself to be a better person inside and out from that point onwards. I’m not usually a person to go by this, December 31st for me is just another day, always has been. I decided this year, however, to try something new, to set a few goals, a few aspirations and ideas of how I would like to improve myself and my life. I have thought of a few ‘resolutions’, some of which are included below.

- Become less dependent of a materialistic lifestyle and adapt to a simpler, more beautiful life.
- Adopt and maintain a healthier lifestyle, less junk food and more exercise – go for a run at least 3 times a week.
- Climb and summit Mt. Aconcagua (6962m) by the end of 2015.
- Enjoy the little things in life, because you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.
- Last but not least, update this blog a bit more often; I now have the power of a small netbook so i really have no excuse.

In order for any of this ‘resolution’ nonsense to be any kind of good, one has to keep to these and never give them up, get out of bed early even when it’s freezing cold outside yet so nice and warm in the sleeping bag. I will try my best to keep to these, and hopefully by posting these resolutions on here and having other people know about them i will be encouraged to be faithful to them.

I hope you all enjoy this year as much as im planning on!

Thanks for reading,
Santiago.

No comments: