Tuesday 26 January 2010

On the road again

Went rafting at Christian's on Sunday again, one of my favourite things to do around here for sure. For the past few days i've been showing a couple of friends - well actually one of them is my dad's friend - the local area. I don't have my car for about another month yet so we have been restricted to the local area, places like Cerro Campanario and Cerro Catedral, with a 50km dirtroad bus to Cerro Tronador. All really nice and unique places, especially for them who haven't seen any of this before.

They have just left whilst i still have a month to wait until i can get the car (mum and dad are kindly letting me borrow some money!) i will be hitching south to a place near El Bolson where there is a series of mountain refuges linked by walks around the mountains. I plan to do this in about five days but it could take as long as ten because i'm taking my whole kit with me on all the walks as i will not be coming back down the same route.
Ver mapa más grande

For the rest of today i will pack a few essentials into my rucksack and be ready to leave tomorrow morning. Feels good to be doing this again after almost two months of being in the same place!

That's all for now, in about 10 days traviajero will be updated and i'll let you know how it all went!

Thanks for reading,
Santiago.

"I'm feelin' rough, I'm feelin' raw,
I'm at the prime of my life."
- MGMT Time to Pretend.

1 comment:

That Really Cool Girl Often Known As (CG) said...

I like the handy map in this blog. I think I'm going to start trying to include locational references in my blogs so that I can put maps all over the place.

Have fun hitchhiking, by the way....